This cushion design was the very first Dimpsey Designs product, having seen a beautiful tweed made in Wellington, Somerset we knew that we just had to make a lovely soft, huggable cushion. However, we wanted www.health-canada-pharmacy.com something a bit different, so we combined the tweed with some other natural products and have ended up with a Dimpsey Designs exclusive, all sourced in the UK (and very cuddly). So here’s the story,
- We saw the tweed in the factory shop at the Fox Brothers Tweed Mill in Wellington and it was lovely and soft and not at all scratchy, so next thing we knew it was homeward bound with us!
- Then to save it from being relegated to the great heap of “material I will do something with”, we started thinking of things to use it for – a cushion was the answer.
- We already used locally sourced pieces of butter-soft leather as display props and with a bit of serendipity, some of them ended up on the table with the leather.
- So a leather backed cushion – fabulous idea, but none of us can sew!!!!
- Luckily we knew a Mum who could and the amazing Yvonne came to the rescue.
- A few weeks later, with the addition of a feather inner pad sourced in nearby Frome (we can also supply synthetic for the allergists amongst you) and some lovely wooden buttons, also made in the UK – we finally got to squish our first cushion.
Everyone who picks a cushion up can’t stop cuddling it – so we think we may have got it right – see what you think!