Phew! It’s hot and it’s about to get hotter this weekend with a mini heatwave hitting the UK. However, we know just the way to cool down by making these very tasty (and adult only) mojito ice lollies. They are easy to make and are a great way to relax during a summer evening outside the Dimpsey Glamping Shepherd’s Hut after you have cooked your meal in the outdoor kitchen! If you want to make these for children you can simply leave out the rum, but for a delicious fun grown up treat, leave the rum in . These would be also perfect for a summer’s afternoon picnic or even a garden party!
- Juice of 9 limes
- 300ml water
- a handful of fresh mint leaves- slightly crushed
- 100g sugar
- 2 tbsp white rum
- Pour the lime juice and water into a jug and leave for 5 minutes.
- Add the mint, sugar and rum.
- Blend all of the ingredients until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into a lolly mold and leave to freeze for approx 6-8 hours.