This autumnal/wintery risotto certainly brings a ray of warm sunshine to our kitchen when I make it! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do 🙂 Serves 4.
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt sand freshly ground black pepper
- 125g butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 300g Arborio risotto rice
- 150ml white wine
- 750ml chicken or vegetable stock
- I peeled, cubed and roasted butternut squash – I roast mine with olive oil and garlic
- Parsley to garnish.
- Heat half the butter and the oilve oil in a pan, add the lemon zest, onion and garlic – cook over a medium heat until soft.
- Add the rice and stir to coat with butter and onion. Give it a couple of minutes and then add the wine and boil for a couple of minutes, stirring all the time.
- Add the stock a spoonful at a time. Add more as the liquid is absorbed, until the stock is absorbed and rice is cooked. It should be gloopy when done.
- Then add the remaining butter, parmesan cheese and lemon juice – and season to taste and garnish with parsley.
- Serve in a shallow bowl with a green salad – delicious!