Rich, gooey and chocolatey. 3 words that should always describe a perfectly made chocolate brownie. However here at Dimpsey Glamping we like to go that one step further on the indulgence level and add a hint of orange to the mix too! These are a favourite with young and old, can be eaten warm or cold with ice cream, clotted cream or even a splash of Cointreau 😉
- 200g salted butter (the salt brings out the flavour of the chocolate more!)
- 200g dark chocolate which has been roughly chopped
- zest of 1 large orange
- 4 large egg
- 350g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 100g dark chocolate orange which has been roughly chopped
- Heat your oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and then line a brownie tin or shallow baking tin (approx 24x20cm) with baking parchment.
- Add the butter, dark chocolate and orange zest to saucepan and gently melt over a low heat whilst stirring until smooth. Do not let it over heat otherwise the chocolate will burn it will become too bitter to eat. Once gently melted take off the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Whisk the sugar and eggs together until the mixture is creamy and pale in colour and has doubled in volume, stir in the cooled dark chocolate and orange zest mix from the saucepane and then sift in the flour and cocoa. Stir it all in together gently but until thoroughly mixed and then add the chopped orange chocolate.
- Pour the mix into your baking tin and back for 30-45 mins (start to check after 30 mins to see how it is cooking). Once cooked allow to cool and then cut into
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together with an electric whisk until the mixture is pale, has doubled in volume and leaves a trail when the beaters are lifted. Gently stir into the cooled chocolate mixture. Sift over the flour and cocoa, stir in, then add the orange chocolate.
- Pour into the lined tin and bake for 35-40 mins. Cool in the tin, then cut into squares.