Who doesn’t love a sangria on a warm Summer’s evening? The fruity, easy to drink cocktail is a real hit all over the world but originates from Spain. However, here at Dimpsey we like to have our own spin on things so we have created, just for you, our Dimpsey Sangrietta Cocktail. A nod to the traditional sangria but with a light fresh taste. Enjoy!
- 1 litre of lemonade (the fizzy kind!)
- 1/2 bottle of sparkling white wine
- 175ml rum
- 150g raspberries
- 1 orange (sliced with peel left on)
- 1 green apple (sliced with peel left on)
- 1/2 lemon (sliced with peel left on)
- 1/2 lime (sliced with peel left on)
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger OR cut into chunks and peel – add as a taste (grated) or to nibble on whilst drinking (chunks)
- A few fresh mint leaves (ripped by hand)
- Add everything to a large bowl or pitcher and stir to mix for at least a minute
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is even better)
- Serve in chilled, or even better, frozen glasses!